Monday, April 4, 2011

affectionately made...

So here are some of the fabric flowers I've been working on, inspired by the lovely Emersonmade flowers which I've been obssesing over lately.

The above is a "posterized" version of a picture created using
 the awsome and totally FREE photoshop site Picnik.
Wouldn't it look great as decoration in a little girl's room? Like on a canvas print or something.



To create the flowers I used this tutorial from 100 Layer Cake. I kept messing with the petals until each flower turned out how I wanted it to look. I also used linen instead of the soft and flowey fabric from the tutorial.



This little flower is one I'm particularly fond of. I wasn't able to find any nice, pink, linen-like fabric at Jo-Ann's, so I bought some Rit Fabric Dye and hand-dyed my own fabric.



My favorite part about dying was being able to decide how strong the color of the fabric would end up by simply varying the ammount of dye I added to the water.


 Finally, I used fabric glue to attach a felt circle to the back of the flower and sewed on a pin.
 They were a lovely gift for my pregnant friend,
 made with all my affection...

No comments:

Post a Comment